Ages 19 & Up
Instructor: Cassandra Vohs-Demann
Beginning lessons are for the student trying to get back into singing after being away from it for an extended period of time or who are completely new to singing lessons. Cassandra will assess your current singing level and work with you on setting goals to increase your knowledge and skills in all areas of singing technique including breath support, tension, range, song selection, practice habits and so on. You may work on a variety of repertoire to build versatility and skills and eventually work towards live performance in a class or recital setting.
Intermediate/Advanced Lessons are designed for adult students who are serious about learning to sing and express themselves using their voice. They are also for those considering career paths in the world of music or who already have a career and want to continue working towards artist/master level capacity on their voice. These lessons enable students to progress at a highly motivated pace. Students also have the opportunity to prepare for performances and auditions and set career goals. Lessons also focus on artist development, vocal healing and building repertoire. You may work on a variety of repertoire to build versatility and skills and eventually work towards live performance in a class or recital setting. Genres include Rock, Pop, Singer/Songwriter, Country, Opera, Musical Theater and Jazz. *You may be required to take beginning voice lessons or group classes as a pre-requisite. Time arranged with instructor.
Services Available in Lessons
Beginning/Intermediate/Advanced Vocal Technique
Musical Audition Preparation
Solo & Ensemble Preparation
College Audition Preparation
Acting for Singers
*Any of the services to the listed can be covered in lessons.
All lessons have a 48 hour notice cancellation policy. If we are not notified of changes or cancellations a minimum of 48 hours in advance, the client will be charged for the lesson.
For more information e-mail me at
or call Cassandra at 847-507-1352
ADULT LESSON PRICING Single Lessons
30 Minute Lesson
45 Minute Lesson
60 Minute Lesson
5% off Discount Packages are available for advance purchase of 6, 8 or 12 lessons. Be advised, they do expire if not used by the expiration lengths outlined below.
Discount packages have the following use expiration dates.
6 Lesson Packages -Must be used within 90 days of purchase date.
8 Lesson Packages-Must be used within 120 days of purchase date.
12 Lessons Packages-Must be used within 180 days of purchase.
CANCELLATION POLICY CHANGE: Due to an increased number of late cancellations, I am revising my cancellation/rescheduling policy to a minimum of 48 hours notice. This will be effective on February 15th, 2019. If you do not notify me with the change more than 48 hours in advance you will be responsible for payment for the lesson.
A Place to Shine Music - Studio Policies
Students participating in any educational programs offered by A Place to Shine Music must agree to the terms outlined below.
PAYMENT FOR LESSONS/CLASSES/WORSHOPS
Payment must accompany registration for classes. Individual coaching services must be paid in advance or at the time of the session.
LESSON POLICIES: Lessons can be scheduled using the online booking system. Lesson packages must be used within the allotted time indicated for each package based on the purchase date, after which they expire and any remaining lessons are forfeited. No refunds for unused lessons after the deadline and no exceptions.
Packages purchased in advance, must be used by the expiration date indicated at time of purchase.
MISSED LESSONS: A minimum 48 hour notice is required for cancellations of any kind in order for there to be a make-up lesson offered. If we are not notified 48 hours in advance, the student will be charged for the lesson, no exceptions. We must be notified by the student, parent or guardian. It is expected that students will make-up any cancelled lessons. If you are ill the day of a lesson, we require notice no later than 8:00am the day of a lesson or you will be charged. Extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis and are for emergencies only. If for any reason Cassandra has to cancel a lesson, every effort will be made to reschedule or you will receive a credit if you have paid in advance.
No refunds once your class is reserved. If you are unable to attend a class and contact us within 48 hours of the class time, you will receive a credit towards a future class. If you do not give 48 hours notice your class fee will be forfeited.
Make-ups for a missed class with notice given within the 48 hour grace period must be used within 6 months or your class fee will be forfeited.
3. CANCELLED CLASSES A Place to Shine Music reserves the right to cancel group classes or workshops if the enrollment does not meet the required minimum number of students. In the event a class is cancelled, the parent/student will be issued a refund or credit towards a future class. If you pay online, you will receive a full refund or credit. Your check will not be deposited until the class minimum is met.
5. AVAILABILITY: All lessons are scheduled based on instructor availability.
6. TARDINESS: If a student is going to be late for a scheduled lesson, please notify the teacher. No extra time will be given for a late arrival and the lesson will end at the scheduled end time.
7. LIABILITY: Upon the receipt of tuition payment, students, parents or legal guardians agree that A Place to Shine Music and Cassandra Vohs-Demann shall in no manner be liable for any accident, injury, loss, theft, or damage which may be sustained on the premises or at offsite classes/events in conjunction with any studio-related activity or function
8. MARKETING: A Place to Shine Music may take photographs at various events and use them to market future programs (posted on our website). If you would prefer that we NOT use your photograph, please contact us and we will make every effort not to use your likeness.