Help Support Original Work in Our Community!
ORIGINAL OPEN MIC
An evening of original music, poetry & story telling!
3rd Thursday of Every Month
STAGE LEFT CAFE'
125 W. Van Buren St., Woodstock, IL 60098
Cassandra Vohs-Demann & Keith Johnson
A Place to Shine Music and Offsquare Music have teamed up to produce an evening of original work by local and regional songwriters, poets and storytellers. Third Thursday of every month at the Stage Left Café. The evening runs from 7:30-9:30pm with artists performing for 10 minute slots. Hosted by Cassandra Vohs-Demann and Keith Johnson. Advance sign-up is required. All levels are welcome.
To sign up for the next open mic email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Performers Sign Up Information:
- Please email Cassandra to sign up.
- All performers on stage must be a writer or co-writer of the material they are performing. If a performer needs one accompanist, because they do not play an instrument, that is acceptable.
- The event runs from 7:30-9:30pm. It is a quiet listening room setting. We want people to hear your work!
- We have 16 performance slots.
- All material must be original. No covers. Original instrumental music, poetry and story tellers are welcome.
- All material must be family friendly.
- Each performer gets 2 songs and no more than 10 minutes including set-up. Storytellers and poets must keep their performance within the 10 minute time limit.
- Sound and a piano are provided. No complicated set-ups or processors.
- Performer check in is at 7:15pm. You must check in no later than 7:25pm to participate. If you are late checking in, you will be put on the list in the next available slot after the drawing.
- Performance order is drawn at 7:25pm.
- It is expected that all performers stay for the entire event to show support for other artists. We are a community of artists supporting artists.
- No recording is allowed except for your own performance.