(Ages 15 and up)
All lessons are currently being taught online via Zoom.
Contact Cassandra to set up your first lesson.
Services Available in Lessons
Vocal Technique - All Levels
Solo & Ensemble Preparation
College Audition Preparation
Acting for Singers
Beginning voice lessons are for the student trying to get back into singing after being away from it for an extended period of time or who are completely new to singing lessons. Cassandra will assess your current singing level and work with you on setting goals to increase your knowledge and skills in all areas of singing technique including breath support, tension, range, song selection, practice habits and so on. You may work on a variety of repertoire to build versatility and skills and eventually work towards live performance in a class or recital setting.
Intermediate/Advanced Lessons are designed for students who are serious about learning to sing and express themselves using their voice. They are also for those considering career paths in the world of music or who already have a career and want to continue working towards artist/master level capacity on their voice. These lessons enable students to progress at a highly motivated pace. Students also have the opportunity to prepare for performances and auditions and set career goals. Lessons also focus on artist development, vocal healing and building repertoire. You may work on a variety of repertoire to build versatility and skills and eventually work towards live performance in a class or recital setting. Genres include Rock, Pop, Singer/Songwriter, Country, Opera, Musical Theater and Jazz.
Students will work in a group/private setting to present song material and receive constructive feedback on how your songs can be improved.
Harmony & Melody
Rhyming, Hooks, Creating Great Choruses
Finding Song Ideas, The Writing Process
Choosing Keys, Recording Demos
Creating Lyrics Sheets & Chord Charts
PRIVATE PERFORMANCE COACHING
FOR SINGERS, ACTORS & PUBLIC SPEAKERS
Do you need to improve your overall performing skills? How do you connect with the audience? Are you a public speaker who gets nervous in front of an audience? Cassandra will work with you on vocal delivery, technique, color, diction and phrasing. She will incorporate acting techniques and helping you connect to the lyrics or text so you can communicate with conviction and honesty. She will also work with you on performance anxiety and overcoming blocks that prevent you from being effective in front of an audience.
All lessons have a 48 hour notice cancellation policy. If we are not notified of changes or cancellations a minimum of 48 hours in advance, the client will be charged for the lesson.
For more information e-mail me at
or call Cassandra at 847-507-1352
30 Minute Lesson
45 Minute Lesson
60 Minute Lesson
A Place to Shine Music - Studio Policies
Students participating in any educational programs offered by A Place to Shine Music must agree to the terms outlined below.
PAYMENT FOR LESSONS/CLASSES/WORSHOPS
Payment must accompany registration for classes. Individual coaching services must be paid in advance or at the time of the session.
LESSON POLICIES: Lessons can be scheduled using the online booking system. Lesson packages must be used within the allotted time indicated for each package based on the purchase date, after which they expire and any remaining lessons are forfeited. No refunds for unused lessons after the deadline and no exceptions.
Packages purchased in advance, must be used by the expiration date indicated at time of purchase.
MISSED LESSONS: A minimum 48 hour notice is required for cancellations of any kind in order for there to be a make-up lesson offered. If we are not notified 48 hours in advance, the student will be charged for the lesson, no exceptions. We must be notified by the student, parent or guardian. It is expected that students will make-up any cancelled lessons. If you are ill the day of a lesson, we require notice no later than 8:00am the day of a lesson or you will be charged. Extenuating circumstances will be handled on a case by case basis and are for emergencies only. If for any reason Cassandra has to cancel a lesson, every effort will be made to reschedule or you will receive a credit if you have paid in advance.
No refunds once your class is reserved. If you are unable to attend a class and contact us within 48 hours of the class time, you will receive a credit towards a future class. If you do not give 48 hours notice your class fee will be forfeited.
Make-ups for a missed class with notice given within the 48 hour grace period must be used within 6 months or your class fee will be forfeited.
3. CANCELLED CLASSES A Place to Shine Music reserves the right to cancel group classes or workshops if the enrollment does not meet the required minimum number of students. In the event a class is cancelled, the parent/student will be issued a refund or credit towards a future class. If you pay online, you will receive a full refund or credit. Your check will not be deposited until the class minimum is met.
5. AVAILABILITY: All lessons are scheduled based on instructor availability.
6. TARDINESS: If a student is going to be late for a scheduled lesson, please notify the teacher. No extra time will be given for a late arrival and the lesson will end at the scheduled end time.
7. LIABILITY: Upon the receipt of tuition payment, students, parents or legal guardians agree that A Place to Shine Music and Cassandra Vohs-Demann shall in no manner be liable for any accident, injury, loss, theft, or damage which may be sustained on the premises or at offsite classes/events in conjunction with any studio-related activity or function
8. MARKETING: A Place to Shine Music may take photographs at various events and use them to market future programs (posted on our website). If you would prefer that we NOT use your photograph, please contact us and we will make every effort not to use your likeness.